A Doberman requires great care but little maintenance. You can maintain a Doberman in a few minutes a day however they require much more daily care than that.
While they will need a daily check of eyes, mouth, feet and coat you will also be obliged to provide obedience training, love, affection, exercise, mental stimulation, high quality food, clean water, toys, vaccinations, clean dry bedding, to play games and to work to maintain your position as pack leader.
In addition to a Doberman grooming regime you will be required to provide the following Doberman care:
• Puppy preschool and obedience training
• socialize your Doberman puppy with people and other dogs
• exercise daily – a good walk and a game of fetch
• work to find different daily walks
• vaccinate your puppy and provide boosters for your dog
• provide vet care when things go wrong
• consider cropping and posting ears and providing the necessary care for weeks after
• take swimming
• visit a dog park
• supply safe toys/chew toys and remove broken toys
• provide clean dry bedding
• maintain your position as pack leader
• boarding kennels if you can’t take your dog on vacation
Before you take on the massive responsibility of Doberman ownership please carefully consider whether you can commit to providing an excellent level of Doberman care.