It’s that time again. Time to make the most of that scary lookin’ Dobie. Or maybe just include him in all the festive fun. Make your own Doberman Halloween Treats . Simple and cheap and your Dobie will love them.
- 2 cups 100% organic whole wheat flour (or wheat germ, or spelt, or rolled oats, or a mixture of these, etc.)
- 2 (4oz) jars of pureed baby food – beef, blueberry, sweet potato, chicken – whatever. Just make sure there are no onions/onion powder or garlic in it, but there shouldn’t be, Its baby food. Avoid any with artificial preservatives.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix together to form a stiff dough. If necessary, add extra flour or water as needed.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to about a 1/4 inch thick. Use a bone shaped or other Halloween shaped cookie cutters to cut into desired shape. Otherwise get creative with a knife.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, place treats about 1/2 inch apart. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes. Allow to cool completely before storing in a paper bag (storing in an air-tight container will make them soft, but they’re still edible).
Now this is where you can get creative! Consider including grated carrots or sweet potatoes, a little bit of parsley (which supposedly helps with bad breath), blueberries, or some chopped cooked bacon or liver.
Also check out my dried liver Doberman training treats – also super simple, cheap and your Dobie will love you for them.
Love your Doberman.
Do you cook for your Doberman? Got any great recipes or ideas?
Please leave a comment and share below.